Congratulations to the 2015 York Halloween Parade Top Ten! This year saw some of the best entires across the board and these were the tops picks!
Extravastar Dance Company
YWCA Temple Guard
Central York High School Panther Marching Band
Dallastown Area High School Marching Wildcat Band
Tall Cedar & White Rose Clowns
Weary Arts Group & Tutoni’s Restaurant
Ni Riain School of Irish Dance
Wanda’s Cadettes Baton Studio
BASIC PARADE INFORMATION:
• Date & Time: Sunday, October 25, 2-4pm
• Route: Market Street from Richland Avenue to Broad Street
• Organizers: The York Halloween Parade presented by York Traditions Bank is produced by the York Revolution and Eventive. The York Halloween Parade, now in its 66th year, is a fantastic event for family and community to enjoy!
• Parade Supporters: Presented by York Traditions Bank with returning additional sponsors including Shipley Energy, York College of PA, CGA Law Firm, Glatfelter Insurance Group, ComforCare Home Care, Bricker’s Famous French Fries, and DCS School of Driving.
• Grand Marshal: Paula Gilbert, Youth Services Director with York County Library Systems. Paula is beloved in the York community and is the face of children’s programming for libraries county-wide.
• Theme: York Traditions Bank and Eventive, the special events division of the York Revolution, are proud to honor the past and look eagerly into the horizon with this year’s York Halloween Parade theme, “Proud Past, Strong Future”. Parade entries from across York County are encouraged to celebrate significant milestones by creating original float designs and marching drills that convey their local, regional, national and global accomplishments.
• Registration & Vendors: To register for the 66th Annual York Halloween Parade click here and fill in the online form.
• Non-Profit Registration: Pick up your applications starting September 1st at any York Traditions Bank location to receive a voucher for a fee waiver. Waiver will eliminate the $50 registration cost. Waiver can only be obtained at York Traditions Bank branches. Click here for branch locations.
• Spectators & Volunteers: Up-to-date information is available right here
• Marching Bands: If seven or more high school or junior high marching bands sign up to participate in the parade before October 1st, the York Revolution is contributing $200 to the music program of each of the participating band in this Year's York Halloween Parade. Menchey Music is also generously offering gift certificates to the three top bands in the parade based on the judging; $300 for first, $200 for second and $100 for third.
• Family Fun Zone: On the corner of Market Street and Pershing Avenue f
From 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. featuring inflatables, games, activities and music! by DJ Marcos Delgado and M&M Productions
• 5K Fun Run: Angel Amble/Devil Dash - Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. near Continental Square and the run will start at 1 p.m. along the parade route. Proceeds benefit Angels of the Park. Details are available right here.